We'd like to thank you all for the love and support you have shown this independent event. We ask that you please keep that up and help us make the […]
Thanks for visiting Delaware Beaches Online!
In this page we’ll talk about some great local attractions in Fenwick Island, videos and photos made by locals, and we’ll top it off with information on upcoming events.
Do you have a specific question about Fenwick Island, Real Estate, Tourism etc. ? Contact us and ask away – a local guide will be happy to help!
Some top attractions in Fenwick Island, Delaware include:
1. Fenwick Island State Park – a popular spot for swimming, sunbathing, and fishing
“Today, Fenwick Island State Park invites visitors to its peaceful ocean and bay shorelines. Swimming and sunbathing are popular activities on the ocean side of the park. The white sand beaches gradually slope into the Atlantic, creating a broad swimming area patrolled by lifeguards during the summer. The park features a modern bathhouse, which offers convenient showers and changing rooms, a satellite park office, and a snack food concession. During the summer months, beach umbrellas and chairs may be rented on the beach. Mobi-Mat equipment, consisting of three 30-foot mats allowing those in wheelchairs and power chairs to access the beach from the boardwalk, is available here.”
- Question: How much does it cost to get into Fenwick Island State Park?
- Answer: $6 on weekdays and $10. on the weekends. Off season the cost is $5 for the day.
2. Viking Golf in Fenwick Island – an 18-hole miniature golf course with a pirate-themed design
Enjoy our 19 holes of championship miniature golf where Vikings battle the Two-headed Dragon in Mythological Scandinavia. 19 holes of pure adventure nestled within mature landscaping. Read up on facts about Viking history as you stroll the grounds. See how many trolls you can spot hidden in the nooks and crannies of the surroundings.
3. The Freeman Stage at Bayside – an outdoor performing arts venue that hosts concerts, plays, and other events throughout the summer
4. The Crab Shack – a local restaurant known for its crab cakes and other seafood dishes
- Able to see the sunset for dinner
- Wheelchair Friendly
- Fantastic Reviews
5. The Quiet Resorts – a collection of beach towns that includes Bethany Beach, and South Bethany, each with their own unique charm and attractions.
Places to Stay in Fenwick Island
There are a variety of unique places to stay in Fenwick Island, Delaware, depending on your preferences and budget. Some options include:
- Beachfront vacation rentals – many properties in Fenwick Island offer direct access to the beach and ocean views, making for a truly unique and memorable stay.
- Tiny houses – Some vacation rental companies offer tiny houses as a unique accommodation option for those looking for a more rustic experience.
- Luxury vacation homes – For those looking for a more luxurious experience, there are many large and high-end vacation homes available for rent in the area.
- Bed and Breakfasts – Some bed and breakfast properties offers unique and historic accommodation.
- Camping – Fenwick Island State Park has campground with modern facilities, which is an option for people who love nature and outdoor activities.
It’s worth checking reviews and photos of the places before booking to ensure it suits your needs and preferences.
Seafood Restaurants in Fenwick Island
Fenwick Island, Delaware is known for its delicious seafood, and there are many great seafood restaurants in the area to choose from. Some popular options include:
- The Crab Shack – Known for its crab cakes and other seafood dishes, this local restaurant is a favorite among visitors and locals alike.
- Harpoon Hanna’s – This waterfront restaurant offers a variety of seafood options, including fresh fish, oysters, and crab legs.
- The Crab Bag – Offers a wide variety of seafood options, including fresh local crab, steamed shrimp, and fish tacos.
- The Cottage Café – Known for their seafood options and casual atmosphere, this restaurant is a great option for a casual lunch or dinner.
- Big Fish Grill – Offers an extensive menu of seafood dishes and a variety of daily specials.
- Touch of Italy – Offers seafood options with a Mediterranean twist, such as seafood risottos and pasta with seafood.
It’s always a good idea to check online reviews and ratings before visiting a restaurant, to ensure you have the best experience possible.